How many hours do you work each week? How do you feel Friday afternoon? Who decided the norm was a 40-hour work week? Joe Sanok joins Kevin to discuss how we could work less hours and be more productive and more creative.
- Joe shares the origins of the 9-5 workday and why this plays into the “great resignation” we are seeing.
- The definition of an industrialist mentality and why we need to think about an evolutionary model.
- As we move toward post pandemic, we have the opportunity to make a case for the 4-day work week.
- Tips to start the 4-day conversation in your organization.
- Name: Joe Sanok
- His Story: Author of Thursday is the New Friday: How to work fewer hours, make more money, and spend time doing what you want. He is a keynote and TEDx speaker, business consultant, and podcaster.
- Worth Mentioning: Joe has the #1 podcast for counselors, The Practice of the Practice Podcast. Joe is also writer for PsychCentral, has been featured on the Huffington Post, Forbes, GOOD Magazine, Reader’s Digest, Entrepreneur on Fire, Smart Passive Income Podcast, and Yahoo News. He is the author of five books and has been named the Therapist Resource top podcast, consultant, and blogger.
- Thursday is the New Friday: How to Work Fewer Hours, Make More Money, and Spend Time Doing What You Want by Joe Sanok
- The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself by Michael Singer
Related Podcast Episodes
- Leadership Productivity Principles with Maura Thomas.
- Leadership Whitespace with Juliet Funt.
- Wellbeing at Work with Jim Harter.
- Beating Burnout at Work with Paula Davis.
Join Our Community
If you want to view our live podcast episodes, hear about new releases, or chat with others who enjoy this podcast join one of our communities below.
Leave a Review
If you liked this conversation, we’d be thrilled if you’d let others know by leaving a review on Apple Podcasts. Here’s a quick guide for posting a review.