Follow: Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, iHeart Radio or your favorite podcast player.
The frontline is where the work happens. When you get the work done correctly and on time (if not faster), your organization is successful. If there are too many layers of leadership and you are waiting for directions from the top, you may miss opportunities. Eric Strafel joins Kevin to discuss the importance of empowering your frontline team to make decisions. If they understand the why, and if they know where the organization is going, they will make the best decisions for your organization.
- Eric defines his meaning of a frontline CEO.
- He shares his thoughts around empowerment and why it seems like few organizations or leaders do it.
- He discusses the role of radical transparency.
- He also discusses the importance of creating a learning organization.
- Name: Eric Strafel
- His Story: Eric Strafel is the author of The Frontline CEO: Turn Employees into Decision Makers Who Innovate Solutions, Win Customers, and Boost Profits. He is also the founder of the consulting firm SUMMi7, which helps businesses grow profits and scale innovation with mission-driven purposes.
- Worth Mentioning: Eric holds an MBA from Carnegie Mellon University and a B.S in Mechanical Engineering from Binghamton University. In addition to his writings on leadership and experience leading diverse teams, Eric is an advisor to The Study USA, where he works to empower women-led businesses and next-generation entrepreneurs through collaboration with academic partners, companies, and the local community.
This episode is brought to you by…
Unleashing Your Remarkable Potential, Kevin’s free weekly e-newsletter. It’s full of articles and resources to help you become a more confident and successful leader.
- The Frontline CEO: Turn Employees into Decision Makers Who Innovate Solutions, Win Customers, and Boost Profits by Eric Strafel
- Measure What Matters: How Google, Bono, and the Gates Foundation Rock the World with OKRs by John Doerr
- Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones by James Clear
Related Podcast Episodes
- Leading Through Core Values with Dina Dwyer-Owens .
- Unleashing Empowerment Leadership with Frances Frei.
Join Our Community
If you want to view our live podcast episodes, hear about new releases, or chat with others who enjoy this podcast join one of our communities below.
Leave a Review
If you liked this conversation, we’d be thrilled if you’d let others know by leaving a review on Apple Podcasts. Here’s a quick guide for posting a review.
Leave a Reply