Follow: Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, iHeart Radio or your favorite podcast player.
Maybe Dr. Seuss said it best, “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” Jeff Brown joins Kevin to discuss why leaders are the best readers. He shares a plan to help you get into the habit of reading and gives you permission to move away from a book if it does not serve you.
- Jeff shares common barriers to reading.
- Tips for developing a consistent reading habit.
- Advice to implement what you read.
- Name: Jeff Brown
- His Story: Author of Read to Lead. Jeff is an award-winning radio producer and personality, and former nationally syndicated morning show host.
- Worth Mentioning: Following a 26-year career in radio, Jeff went boss-free in 2013 and soon after launched the Read to Lead Podcast. It has gone on to become a four-time Best Business Podcast nominee and has featured Jeff’s interviews with today’s best business and non-fiction authors, including actor and author Alan Alda, Stephen M. R. Covey, Seth Godin, John Maxwell, Liz Wiseman., and many more. Jeff has personally coached hundreds of successful podcasters around the globe and has consulted on podcasts for the US government, two of the largest churches in the US, and numerous multi-million dollar companies.
This episode is brought to you by…
Unleashing Your Remarkable Potential, Kevin’s free weekly e-newsletter. It’s full of articles and resources to help you become a more confident and successful leader.
- Read to Lead: The Simple Habit That Expands Your Influence and Boosts Your Career by Jeff Brown and Jesse Wisnewski
- You Are The Brand: The 8-Step Blueprint to Showcase Your Unique Expertise and Build a Highly Profitable, Personally Fulfilling Business by Mike Kim
- How to Take Smart Notes: One Simple Technique to Boost Writing, Learning and Thinking – for Students, Academics and Nonfiction Book Writers by Sönke Ahrens
- Do You Talk Funny?: 7 Comedy Habits to Become a Better (and Funnier) Public Speaker by Danny Nihill
Related Podcast Episodes
- The Power of Deliberate Practice with Robert Pool .
- The Leader Habit with Martin Lanik.
- The BIG Things Successful People Do with Dr. Roger Hall.
Join Our Community
If you want to view our live podcast episodes, hear about new releases, or chat with others who enjoy this podcast join one of our communities below.
Leave a Review
If you liked this conversation, we’d be thrilled if you’d let others know by leaving a review on Apple Podcasts. Here’s a quick guide for posting a review.
Leave a Reply