Former mathematics professor turned author, Robert Pool, joins Kevin to discuss what you can do to truly improve a skill set. Whether it’s an instrument, a sport, or how to be a more effective leader to be better requires purposeful practice. The only way to progress is learning about what you are doing wrong and what the “best” are doing right.
In this episode, you will learn about:
- Deliberate practice.
- Talent vs. practice.
It’s never too late to get better at something.
– Robert Pool
Ask yourself: What are you going to do to put in the work?
Leave your answer in the comments below.
Additional Leadership Resources
- Book Recommendations: Thinking Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- Buy Robert Pool’s new book: Peak: Secrets from the New Science of Expertise
- Learn more about the book.
- Get our free report: The Secrets of Becoming a Remarkable Leader
- Sign up for our free video training series, 13 Days to Remarkable Leadership.
- Get your free copy of my inspiring e-book, 101 Ways to Unleash Your Potential.
Subscribe to the Podcast
Don’t miss an episode! Subscribe to this podcast through the options below.
Leave a Review
If you liked this conversation, we’d be thrilled if you’d let others know by leaving a review on Apple Podcasts. Here’s a quick guide for posting a review.
Join Our Facebook Group
Join our Facebook community to network with like-minded leaders, ask us questions, suggest guests and more. We welcome your wealth of experience and hope you will join us in sharing it with others on their leadership journey.
You can join the group here: facebook.com/groups/RemarkableLeadershipPodcast/
Leave a Reply