Not only is it a messy world, but we also have blind spots to some of the chaos surrounding us. So how do we move past the mess to success? Scott Jeffrey Miller joins Kevin to discuss vulnerability, self-awareness, and feedback. Scott has spent 23 years with FranklinCovey and serves as the executive vice president of thought leadership. In addition, he is the author of Management Mess to Leadership Success: 30 Challenges To Become The Leader You Would Follow. The book is divided into challenges that leaders can apply to change the way they lead and produce greater results. The big takeaway is Scott believes that vulnerability is a new leadership competency. Leaders don’t need to have all the answers, however, they do need to know when to be confident, like in times of change or crisis.
In this episode, Scott shares: 1. The importance of vulnerability. 2. Examples of leadership challenges. 3. Direct advice from Stephen Covey.
Ask yourself: Are you overcommitting?
Leave your answer in the comments below.
Additional Leadership Resources
- Book Recommendations:
- Management Mess to Leadership Success by Scott Jeffrey Miller
- How Will You Measure Your Life? by Clayton M. Christensen, James Allworth, Karen Dillon
- Multipliers, Revised and Updated: How the Best Leaders Make Everyone Smarter by Liz Wiseman
- Leading in a Changing World with Dr. Jeffrey Hull.
- The Leader Habit with Martin Lanik.
- Learn more about Management Mess.
- Connect with Scott on LinkedIn or Twitter.
- Sign up for our free video training series, 13 Days to Remarkable Leadership.
- Get your free copy of my inspiring e-book, 101 Ways to Unleash Your Potential.
Subscribe to the Podcast
Don’t miss an episode! Subscribe to this podcast through the options below.
Leave a Review
If you liked this conversation, we’d be thrilled if you’d let others know by leaving a review on Apple Podcasts. Here’s a quick guide for posting a review.
Join Our Facebook Group
Join our Facebook community to network with like-minded leaders, ask us questions, suggest guests and more. We welcome your wealth of experience and hope you will join us in sharing it with others on their leadership journey.
You can join the group here: facebook.com/groups/RemarkableLeadershipPodcast/