Leadership is not charging the hill; that is authority. Leadership comes before that. Jon Knokey, former NCAA quarterback, businessman, and author of Theodore Roosevelt and the Making of American Leadership, shares leadership lessons from Teddy Roosevelt. Learn about ‘work at the center’ and how Roosevelt looked at the big picture and positioned himself and America for leadership.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Authenticity and leadership.
- Creating clarity in your work.
- Journey of leadership.
Fail early, fail often, fail gloriously and improve.
– Jon Knokey
Ask yourself: How can the lessons of TR influence the way I lead?
Leave your answer in the comments below.
Additional Leadership Resources
- Theodore Roosevelt and the Making of American Leadership
- Making of American Leadership
- Jon’s Book Recommendations Travels with Carley by John Steinbeck and Don Quixote by Miguel De Cervantes
- Get our free report: The Secrets of Becoming a Remarkable Leader
- Sign up for our free video training series, 20 Days to Remarkable Leadership.
- Get your free copy of my inspiring e-book, 101 Ways to Unleash Your Potential.
Subscribe to the Podcast
Don’t miss an episode! Subscribe to this podcast through the options below.
Leave a Review
If you liked this conversation, we’d be thrilled if you’d let others know by leaving a review on Apple Podcasts. Here’s a quick guide for posting a review.
Join Our Facebook Group
Join our Facebook community to network with like-minded leaders, ask us questions, suggest guests and more. We welcome your wealth of experience and hope you will join us in sharing it with others on their leadership journey.
You can join the group here: facebook.com/groups/RemarkableLeadershipPodcast/