When it comes to leading an organization or a team, you need to be relevant. Thomas Barta, former McKinsey partner and senior marketer chats with Kevin about his recent book, The 12 Powers of a Marketing Leader. Thomas and his co-author, Patrick Barwise, conducted the largest ever global study of marketing leadership to answer the question: what makes an effective and successful marketing leader? This discussion and lessons learned can be applied regardless of your role in an organization.
In this episode, Kevin and Thomas discuss:
- The Power Gap.
- Results of the research on over 1,200 marketing leaders and more than 67,000 existing 360-degree assessments of both marketing and non-marketing business leaders.
- The Value Creation Zone
Listen. Decide. Communicate.
– Thomas Barta
Ask yourself: How can you influence upwards or sideways?
Leave your answer in the comments below.
Additional Leadership Resources
- Book Recommendations:
- The 12 Powers of a Marketing Leader, the #1 Marketing Leadership book by Thomas Barta and Patrick Barwise.
- Comedy Writing Secrets: The Best-Selling Guide to Writing Funny and Getting Paid for It by Mark Shatz and Mel Helitzer.
- Learn more about the Thomas Barta.
- Learn more about Marketing Leader
- Get our free report: The Secrets of Becoming a Remarkable Leader
- Sign up for our free video training series, 13 Days to Remarkable Leadership.
- Get your free copy of my inspiring e-book, 101 Ways to Unleash Your Potential.
Subscribe to the Podcast
Don’t miss an episode! Subscribe to this podcast through the options below.
Leave a Review
If you liked this conversation, we’d be thrilled if you’d let others know by leaving a review on Apple Podcasts. Here’s a quick guide for posting a review.
Join Our Facebook Group
Join our Facebook community to network with like-minded leaders, ask us questions, suggest guests and more. We welcome your wealth of experience and hope you will join us in sharing it with others on their leadership journey.
You can join the group here: facebook.com/groups/RemarkableLeadershipPodcast/
Leave a Reply