Although he has baseball roots, Pat Williams is a basketball Hall of Famer and currently serves as co-founder and senior vice president of the Orlando Magic (NBA). Pat is also the author of over 100 books and sits down with Kevin to discuss his most recent book highlighting the leadership secrets of the United States Military Academy at West Point in Character Carved in Stone: The 12 Core Virtues of West Point That Build Leaders and Produce Success. Pat talks about the inspiration for the book and focuses on character leaders and what it means. He tells stories about the virtues and links them to West Point graduates.
In this episode, Pat shares his thoughts on 1. Compassion. 2. Responsibility. 3. Hiring new leaders.
Ask yourself: What do you look for in a new leader?
Leave your answer in the comments below.
Additional Leadership Resources
- Book Recommendations:
- Character Carved in Stone: The 12 Core Virtues of West Point That Build Leaders and Produce Success by Pat Williams
- The Presidents: Noted Historians Rank America’s Best–and Worst–Chief Executives by Brian Lamb and Susan Swain
- Leading on the Fooball Field and in Your Field with Michael Lombardi.
- Leader Types in the White House with Cash Keahey.
- Lessons from a Major General with Major General David Bassett.
- Sign up for our free video training series, 13 Days to Remarkable Leadership.
- Get your free copy of my inspiring e-book, 101 Ways to Unleash Your Potential.
Subscribe to the Podcast
Don’t miss an episode! Subscribe to this podcast through the options below.
Leave a Review
If you liked this conversation, we’d be thrilled if you’d let others know by leaving a review on iTunes. Here’s a quick guide for posting a review.
Join Our Facebook Group
Join our Facebook community to network with like-minded leaders, ask us questions, suggest guests and more. We welcome your wealth of experience and hope you will join us in sharing it with others on their leadership journey.
You can join the group here: facebook.com/groups/RemarkableLeadershipPodcast/