In today’s episode, I’m talking with Cory Bouck, the Regional Business Director for the Asia-Pacific Region at Johnsonville Sausage and author of The Lens of Leadership: Being the Leader Others WANT to Follow. Cory’s leadership background comes from all walks of life; he previously served in the U.S. Navy, as well as held office for two terms as a city councilman. Join us as we discuss the theory and aspects of “Followership,” a thought-provoking, innovative leadership style that Cory practices and teaches on a daily basis. You’ll come away from this conversation with new ideas that could radicalize your thinking on success!
Listen to the Audio
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- The theory of Followership
- The four roles of Followership
- How helping others become successful increases your own success
- Power versus Influence: How the best leaders get more stuff done by influencing others
“Any kind of leadership is important, because leadership — when done well — benefits the lives of others.”
– Cory Bouck
We get the most from any learning experience when we are engaged, asking questions and participating. Let’s get the conversation started with a question that Cory mentions in today’s episode:
Have you ever considered that in order for your own success, part of your job is to make your boss look good?
Leave your answer in the comments below.
Additional Leadership Resources
- Learn more about Cory Bouck, as well as his book and additional resources.
- Check out what Cory is reading: The Good Earth Series by Pearl S. Buck, The Tokyo Times, as well as worldwide headlines from Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Australia and the BBC.
- Sign up for our free video training series, 20 Days to Remarkable Leadership.
- Get your free copy of my inspiring e-book, 101 Ways to Unleash Your Potential.
Subscribe to the Podcast
Don’t miss an episode! Subscribe to this podcast through the options below.
Leave a Review
If you liked this conversation, we’d be thrilled if you’d let others know by leaving a review on Apple Podcasts. Here’s a quick guide for posting a review.
Join Our Facebook Group
Join our Facebook community to network with like-minded leaders, ask us questions, suggest guests and more. We welcome your wealth of experience and hope you will join us in sharing it with others on their leadership journey.
You can join the group here: facebook.com/groups/RemarkableLeadershipPodcast/
Leave a Reply