All too often it’s the organizational norms that are preventing the company and it’s people from growing. Change is rapid and relying on best practices or the playbook can be dangerous for the company and your career. Geoff Tuff is the co-author of DETONATE: Why—And How—Corporations Must Blow Up Best Practices (And Bring a Beginner’s Mind) to Survive. Geoff and Kevin discuss the DETONATE mindset, some typical best practices and why they need to be disrupted for next-generation thinking. Further, leaders at all levels need to look at what drives human behavior because that is where the change happens.
In this episode, Geoff shares 1. Principles of a DETONATE mindset. 2. Advice to experiment with small changes.
Ask yourself: What is your minimum viable move?
Leave your answer in the comments below.
Additional Leadership Resources
- Book Recommendations:
- Cloud Atlas: A Novel by David Mitchell
- The Pillars of the Earth: A Novel (Kingsbridge) by Ken Follett
- World Without End: A Novel (Kingsbridge) by Ken Follett
- Learn more about Detonate.
- Follow Geoff on LinkedIn.
- Get our free report: The Secrets of Becoming a Remarkable Leader
- Sign up for our free video training series, 13 Days to Remarkable Leadership.
- Get your free copy of my inspiring e-book, 101 Ways to Unleash Your Potential.
Subscribe to the Podcast
Don’t miss an episode! Subscribe to this podcast through the options below.
Leave a Review
If you liked this conversation, we’d be thrilled if you’d let others know by leaving a review on Apple Podcasts. Here’s a quick guide for posting a review.
Join Our Facebook Group
Join our Facebook community to network with like-minded leaders, ask us questions, suggest guests and more. We welcome your wealth of experience and hope you will join us in sharing it with others on their leadership journey.
You can join the group here: facebook.com/groups/RemarkableLeadershipPodcast/
Leave a Reply