Despite some opinions, you can find joy at work. After all, your team is working together to accomplish a common goal and when you succeed you should feel happy. Melanie Katzman joins Kevin to take away the excuses that we can feel good and do our best at work. Melanie is a clinical psychologist and author of Connect First – 52 Simple Ways to Ignite Success, Meaning, and Joy at Work. She has structured these simple, actionable ideas moving from respect to leveraging your impact to connect you to your organization to your community. By creating bonds, you enhance productivity and impact just more than the bottom line.
In this episode, Melanie shares examples of ways to connect including 1. The importance of “got it.” 2. The value of sitting back. 3. Why we should eat together.
Ask yourself: Do you close the loop?
Leave your answer in the comments below.
Additional Leadership Resources
- Book Recommendations:
- Connect First: 52 Simple Ways to Ignite Success, Meaning, and Joy at Work by Melanie Katzman
- Einstein’s Business: Engaging Soul, Imagination, and Excellence in the Workplace Edited by Dawson Church
- Related Podcast Episodes:
- Learn more about Katzman Consulting.
- Connect with Melanie Katzman on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook.
- Get your free copy of my inspiring e-book, 101 Ways to Unleash Your Potential.
Subscribe to the Podcast
Don’t miss an episode! Subscribe to this podcast through the options below.
Leave a Review
If you liked this conversation, we’d be thrilled if you’d let others know by leaving a review on Apple Podcasts. Here’s a quick guide for posting a review.
Join Our Facebook Group
Join our Facebook community to network with like-minded leaders, ask us questions, suggest guests and more. We welcome your wealth of experience and hope you will join us in sharing it with others on their leadership journey.
You can join the group here: facebook.com/groups/RemarkableLeadershipPodcast/