We’ve heard of company culture. What about corporate soul? We know most employees quit their jobs not because of compensation, but because they don’t feel valued. Ralf Specht joins Kevin to discuss the Soul System™. This is a framework Ralf developed that aligns purpose with strategy and behavior. He shares an example of a company with a soul. Further, companies that operate in this framework are more successful and see higher ROI.
- Ralf Specht describes company soul and how this differs from culture.
- He shares his thoughts on purpose vs. mission.
- He advises how you can impact culture when you are not a senior leader.
- Name: Ralf Specht
- His Story: Ralf is the author of Building Corporate Soul: Powering Culture & Success with the Soul System™. He was a founding partner of the startup Spark44, a global marketing communications powerhouse. He was the architect of an innovative, industry-first joint-venture with Jaguar Land Rover, which he grew to a global revenue of $100+m and 1,200 employees.
- Worth Mentioning: He consulted for more than 20 years with global companies and brands such as Deutsche Bank, Credit Suisse, General Motors, Nestlé, Coca-Cola, Puma, and PWC with McCann Erickson. The title of his forthcoming book is Beyond the Startup: Sparking Operational Innovations for Global Growth.
- Building Corporate Soul: Powering Culture & Success with the Soul System™ by Ralf Specht
- Leading From The Jumpseat: How to Create Extraordinary Opportunities by Handing Over Control by Peter Docker
Related Podcast Episodes
- Building a Powerful Culture with Patty McCord.
- Connecting Your Company Culture with Your Brand with Denise Lee Yohn.
- The Power of Corporate Culture with Chris Dyer.
Join Our Community
If you want to view our live podcast episodes, hear about new releases, or chat with others who enjoy this podcast join one of our communities below.
Leave a Review
If you liked this conversation, we’d be thrilled if you’d let others know by leaving a review on Apple Podcasts. Here’s a quick guide for posting a review.