Statistics show we are moving to more video interactions, both personal (social media) and professional (remote working). Vern Oakley, author of LEADERSHIP IN FOCUS: Bringing Out Your Best On Camera and veteran filmmaker, joins Kevin to discuss and provide advice to leaders so that they express their authenticity on camera. This is a skill any leader needs to embrace and learn so they can inspire and influence without the immediate feedback.
In this episode, Vern shares:
- Importance of being authentic on camera.
- Advice to being on camera from preparation to action.
- Moments with the most impact.
Ask yourself: How do you prepare for video?
Leave your answer in the comments below.
Additional Leadership Resources
- Book Recommendations:
- Leadership BS: Fixing Workplaces and Careers One Truth at a Time by Jeffrey Pfeffer
- The Hard Thing About Hard Things: Building a Business When There Are No Easy Answers by Ben Horowitz
- The Road to Character by David Brooks
- Learn more about Vern Oakley.
- Learn more about Tribe Pictures.
- Follow Vern Oakley on: LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Get our free report: The Secrets of Becoming a Remarkable Leader
- Sign up for our free video training series, 13 Days to Remarkable Leadership.
- Get your free copy of my inspiring e-book, 101 Ways to Unleash Your Potential.
Subscribe to the Podcast
Don’t miss an episode! Subscribe to this podcast through the options below.
Leave a Review
If you liked this conversation, we’d be thrilled if you’d let others know by leaving a review on Apple Podcasts. Here’s a quick guide for posting a review.
Join Our Facebook Group
Join our Facebook community to network with like-minded leaders, ask us questions, suggest guests and more. We welcome your wealth of experience and hope you will join us in sharing it with others on their leadership journey.
You can join the group here: facebook.com/groups/RemarkableLeadershipPodcast/