Often, when organizations talk about agility, they are looking at their tactical agility. General Charles Jacoby and Leo Tilman are the authors of Agility: How to Navigate the Unknown and Seize Opportunity in a World of Disruption. They join Kevin to discuss how a retired 4-star general and an expert on finance and strategy joined forces to assess agility in organizations. They recognize it is more than just having the right people doing the right job but being purposeful and decisive in initiatives. They also understand, there is a certain amount of risk associated with the unknown and risk intelligence is crucial for you and your leaders to develop an understanding of the factors that can impact your organization.
In this episode, Jacoby and Tilman share 1. Their definition of agility and why it is more than a buzzword. 2. The difference between strategic and tactical agility. 3. The risk formula.
Ask yourself: Can agility take place in your organization?
Leave your answer in the comments below.
Additional Leadership Resources
- Book Recommendations:
- Agility: How to Navigate the Unknown and Seize Opportunity in a World of Disruption by Leo Tilman and General Charles Jacoby
- Grant by Ron Chernow
- Top Brain, Bottom Brain: Surprising Insights into How You Think by Stephen Kosslyn and G. Wayne Miller
- Thinking Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- The Righteous Mind: Why Good People Are Divided by Politics and Religion by Jonathan Haidt
- Improve your leadership in just 13 days with our video series 13 Days to Remarkable Leadership.
- Related Podcast Episodes:
Subscribe to the Podcast
Don’t miss an episode! Subscribe to this podcast through the options below.
Leave a Review
If you liked this conversation, we’d be thrilled if you’d let others know by leaving a review on iTunes. Here’s a quick guide for posting a review.
Join Our Facebook Group
Join our Facebook community to network with like-minded leaders, ask us questions, suggest guests and more. We welcome your wealth of experience and hope you will join us in sharing it with others on their leadership journey.
You can join the group here: facebook.com/groups/RemarkableLeadershipPodcast/