Follow: Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, iHeart Radio or your favorite podcast player.
Do you think about how much you could get done if you were unburdened from busy work? Juliet Funt joins Kevin to talk about the difference between activity and productivity and what we could accomplish if we just had a minute to think. This episode was recorded during Virtual LeaderCon 2021.
- Juliet discusses the idea of busyness and the impact it has on our lives.
- She shares her thoughts about the future of engagement at work.
- She describes hallucinated urgency.
- She provides tips on how to clean up work so you can be in a ready stance.
- Name: Juliet Funt
- Her Story: Author of A Minute To Think Reclaim Creativity, Conquer Busyness, and Do Your Best Work. She is a globally renowned keynote speaker, tough-love advisor to the Fortune 500, founder and CEO of the efficiency training firm, Juliet Funt Group.
- Worth Mentioning: Her book was nominated for the Next Big Idea Club curated by Malcolm Gladwell, Dan Pink, Susan Cain, and Adam Grant. She is an evangelist for freeing the potential of companies by unburdening their talent from busywork, and she has brought her powerful concepts to Spotify, National Geographic, Anthem, Vans, Abbott, Costco, Pepsi, Nike, Wells Fargo, Sephora, Sysco, and ESPN.
This episode is brought to you by…
The Daily Email, daily inspiration for leaders sent Monday-Friday every week. Kevin writes a short message to inform, inspire, engage, and focus you on becoming the best you and the best leader you can be.
- A Minute to Think: Reclaim Creativity, Conquer Busyness, and Do Your Best Work by Juliet Funt
- The Prince of Tides by Pat Conroy
Related Podcast Episodes
Join Our Community
If you want to view our live podcast episodes, hear about new releases, or chat with others who enjoy this podcast join one of our communities below.
Leave a Review
If you liked this conversation, we’d be thrilled if you’d let others know by leaving a review on Apple Podcasts. Here’s a quick guide for posting a review.
Leave a Reply